Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tu ferras quoi???

(Written on 01/03/12, without internet until now, 01/11/12 )

I'm sitting in Sea-Tac airport about to board my plane to Chicago, where I will get on another plane and hopefully end up in Paris, of all places.  After over six months of anticipation, the day has finally come, and I can't help thinking that I'm un peu folle. But I'm prepared! One suitcase, one backpack, one worn-out leather neck pouch for my identification documents, seven years of french study, one me.

Of course, in spite of my best efforts to pack lightly, my suitcase is barely under the 50 lb weight limit (I blame the gift for my host family! It's heavy!) and I'm wondering what possessed me to put on the combination of clothes that I pulled on my sleep-deprived body this morning at 5:20 am. My coffee tastes bitter in my mouth and I realized I forgot to brush my teeth at the hotel, oh well, sorry neighbor! I'll try not to breathe on you for the next three hours, sorry about that.

In case you're wondering, I will be spending three weeks in Paris with nine students from Saint Olaf College, and then moving on to study in Rennes, which is located in Bretagne (Brittany), the northwest provence of France. The program is language-intensive and organized through CIEE, and you can find more information about it here.

À bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment